What Personal Information About Customers Does the Powell Electric Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your browsing experience at Powell Electric.net. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: Any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way (such as your name and email address) we may store in our offline database. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests in a quick and efficient manner, customizing future programs and services, and communicating with you via phone or email.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Powell Electric.net. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. (e.g., www.anonymizer.com, www.IDzap.com, www.somebody.net, and www.zeroknowledge.com. We cannot vouch for the effectiveness of any of these products. The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Powell Electric.net if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us via email or phone to let us know.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide special features.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Does The Powell Electric Share the Information It Receives? Information about our customers is an important part of our business, yet we will never sell it to others.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that The Powell Electric, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of The Powell Electric and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Powell Electric, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make an appointment or enter a contest or to take advantage of other features offered on Powell Electric.net.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us via email or phone and we will promptly remove you from any of our distribution lists.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Powell Electric.net, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Colorado. If you have any concern about privacy at Powell Electric.net, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.