Benefits of LED Lighting
There are numerous benefits of LED lighting!
- Savings – LED lighting might have a higher upfront cost but it can make up for that in energy savings. According to the Department of Energy, LEDs use up at least 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- They Last Longer – In addition to being energy-efficient they are more durable. LED lights can last 25 times longer than standard incandescent lights.
- Safer – Incandescent lights can give off heat which can be dangerous. LED lights are a lot safer because they don’t give off heat and don’t risk burning your fingers or even other materials.
- Different Types of LED Lights – There are a multitude of LED lights on the market! You can find them being used as recessed lights, commercial and industrial lights and even holiday lights. The latter are also more durable as they are made of epoxy lenses instead of glass and can last you up to 40 holiday seasons!
- Instant Lighting – Other types of bulbs such as CFLs take longer to heat up whereas LED lights provide instant bright lighting.
- More Affordable Now – While they are a little costlier than incandescent bulbs, LED lights are becoming a lot more affordable as their prices are decreasing every year.
Need help installing LED lights in your home? Perhaps you have more questions about how LED lights can benefit you. No matter how simple or complicated the ask, the pros at Powell Electric will be happy to assist you. We are a family-owned and operated company in Los Angeles and all our electricians are licensed and certified to ensure our service is the best there is!